Thursday, September 12, 2013

Good Things to Come

The other day I woke up to the usual 6:30am alarm and rolled over onto my knees to pray. I was just as groggy as I usually am, but was able to clear through the cloudiness and started to thank my Heavenly Father for another day to live and do his work.  As my mind became more clear, I began to think and pray about what was going on that day. We had a couple lessons that I wished we were better prepared for, and we needed to drive into the city so I was praying for safety and charity for everyone else involved in the New Yorker traffic. Just then my heart began to be heavy. As my mind became clearer, I realized more and more what needed to be done and what we failed to do yesterday.....I then realized how the more I prayed, the more stressed I became.....and that bothered me, and seemed counterintuitive. I began to plead with my Heavenly Father to feel better about the future day and what it held. Just then that soothing, familiar and gentle voice of the Holy Spirit brought peace to my mind with the reminder, "Be calm and get up, good things are coming your way. It's going to be a good day." With that I closed my prayer, got up and got ready to exercise. And that was all I needed. It didn't matter what challenges were ahead. I knew God lived, loved me, and wanted me to trust him enough to keep trying.  When we keep God's commandments,  we are PROMISED real and tangible blessings and can know that there is always sunshine around the corner….no matter how dark and long the shadow may seem. This simple reminder that good things are ahead got me through my tough day, and I hope it can get you through yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment